Monday, December 1, 2008

Bags + Busy, Busy



Ooops! It has been a while since I updated. A big part of the reason it has been so long since my last post is that I have been really busy with lots of exciting things lately. So here is the quick run down of whats new.
I have starting teaching puppetry classes in after-school programs at two local schools. One is a high school, and the other is an elementary school. It is lot of fun to see the students learn and enjoy themselves, and it is also interesting to see how the different age groups work with some of the same materials.
I have been doing lots of craft fairs lately, and they have been going pretty well. The only downside to that is all the new stuff I have made has gone to the fairs and I haven't been able to add anything new to my etsy shop in awhile. The upsides are that I don't have to spend as much time on marketing when I sell at fairs, and I really like meeting the customers face to face and seeing them enjoy my work. I have two, count them, two fairs coming up this week. Here are the details, please stop by if you happen to be in the area.

Indian Orchard School
95 Milton St.
Indian Orchard, MA 01151
12/4 6pm-8pm

Farmington River School
555 N Main Rd
Otis, MA 01253
12/6 10am-4pm

The classes and fairs are taking up most of my time, but I am also still working on some other puppetry projects and hoping to make some Christmas gifts for friends and family. I also haven't been the best about taking pictures of what I am working on, but I do have these pictures of ribbon bags in process.

Blues and greens:And reds and browns:
I like the way they are coming along so far, and if they don't go at the craft fairs you can probably see them in my shop next week. I should get back to sewing, so that is all for now, but I will try and update again later this week.

1 comment:

Kim Caro said...

That is great. I was a puppeteer myself a few years back for my church's puppet team. It IS super fun :)